Here’s what you need to know:
- Because of COVID-19, face-to-face events will have some limitations.
- Event organizers and visitors should follow all health and safety guidelines.
- Virtual and hybrid event options are encouraged.
Events hosted by units and organizations must be conducted in a safe and healthy manner. Because of COVID-19, face-to-face events will have some limitations.
- Some event spaces are being used for academic classes, so available space is limited.
- Room capacities may be lower to encourage social distancing.
- Attendance will be limited to 50 people unless the event organizer has an approved exception. The attendance count includes event organizers but not catering staff and other service providers.
- External groups that are not sponsored by a UT department cannot hold events on campus at this time.
Event organizers should:
- Consider virtual or hybrid options.
- Follow local health department and CDC guidelines.
- Ensure that third-party catering vendors understand they will be required to submit a health screening form before arriving on campus and need to follow the guidelines for off-campus caterers.
- Meet vendors outside the venue when possible to limit the number of people entering the building.
- Immediately report any possible COVID-19 exposure at an event to the Office of Campus Event Services, email@example.com.
- Maintain social distancing and wear face coverings as directed.
- Complete health screening forms as directed.
- Not attend an event if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Immediately report to the event organizer if they think they attended an event while sick or potentially exposed to COVID-19.
Events with 50 or fewer people
Event organizers must have campus visitors complete a brief health screening form for each day they attend an event. Organizers will review the forms to determine whether visitors may attend the event.
Organizers should also post signage that warns visitors not to attend if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Events with more than 50 people
Event organizers must submit an event exception request form through the Office of Campus Event Services. The request form requires details about social distancing, health screenings, caterers’ health and safety plans, use of face coverings, cleaning, and other prevention measures.
Visitor health screening forms are not required for events with more than 50 people, but organizers must post signage that warns visitors not to attend if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Guests and drop-in visits
Guests on campus for drop-in visits need to complete a visitor health screening form and return it to the sponsoring department. Guests should also maintain social distancing and wear face coverings as directed.