Here’s what you need to know:
- Classes will start on August 19.
- Classes will be held on Labor Day, and there will be no fall break.
- Students will not return after Thanksgiving.
The academic calendar has been changed to limit student travel. The changes will help reduce the potential for travel-related spread of COVID-19 while maintaining the required number of instructional days and meeting accreditation and federal aid guidelines.
Classes will be held on Labor Day (September 7) and the days formerly scheduled for fall break (October 8 and 9).
There will be no face-to-face classes after Thanksgiving break, so students will not return to campus and will take exams online. Students will return to the residence halls before the start of spring semester.
- August 19—November 24: Classes in session
- November 30–December 1: Study days
- December 2 –9: Finals (online)
- The fall 2020 fee structure is being evaluated in light of these changes.
- Employees will receive a floating holiday for Labor Day.
- Graduate and professional schools may have a modified schedule. Graduate students should check with their college for specific information.