Here’s what you need to know:
- Signage, floor markers, and physical barriers are used to maintain social distancing.
- Seating for in-person dining is available but limited to ensure social distancing.
- Reservations are required at Fresh Food Company, PCB Cafe, and Southern Kitchen.
- For restaurants and cafes on campus, students and employees can use the GET Food app to order food in advance and pick up their meal.
Vol Dining is open with protective measures in place to make the experience convenient, enjoyable, and safe.
- Signage, floor markers, and physical barriers are used to maintain social distancing. Customers are asked to please follow all signage.
- Seating for in-person dining is available but limited to ensure physical distance. Additional outdoor seating is being explored.
- For dining halls, times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are divided into 45-minute slots. Reservations are required at Fresh Food Company, PCB Cafe, and Southern Kitchen. Make reservations with the GET Food app.
- POD Markets are open with physical barriers in place, social distancing markers, and mandatory use of masks.
For restaurants and cafes on campus, students and employees can use the GET Food app to order food in advance and pick up their meal.
Advance ordering for students and employees helps limit traffic flow in dining areas. Areas are designated for pickups.
Where to eat
Be mindful of social distancing when eating. Have meals in dining areas where socially distant seating is already established or in outdoor spaces. Eating is prohibited in common areas of academic buildings and classrooms but is permitted in outdoor study spaces. Check the campus map for locations of outdoor study spaces.
Additional protective measures
- Chairs, tables, and other high-touch points are continually sanitized throughout the day with a thorough daily cleaning at closing time. There are pauses each hour to clean and sanitize location stations.
- Dining locations are cashless to eliminate additional points of contact.
- Self-service stations such as salad bars and pizza bars have been converted and are staffed by an attendant.
- Condiments are available in individual packages.
- Dining employees undergo specialized training, have daily health self-checks and temperature checks, and wear masks and gloves.
Catering events will follow guidelines established by the campus regarding size of the event, location, and social distancing. Buffets are prohibited. Food will either be served by attendants in service lines or plated and brought to attendees at their table.